President, Cornell University (via dozennebulae)
But as I’m watching more and more of my extraordinary, over-qualified, talented, hard-working friends get rejected from schools they should have gotten into…I’m starting to dislike the system. Quite a lot.
These people have been working so hard all of high school to secure their spots in college but they are lumped together as “geographically and demographically in a pitfall” because they are white, Jewish, and from New York, and thus grouped at the bottom of desired students list, no matter how qualified they are otherwise.
Life isn’t fair.
good luck to everyone who applied to cornell!
may the odds be ever in your favor…
When people with excessively poor grammar have the audacity to correct me on mine while I type online even though I never correct them. I wrote “dont” instead of “don’t” because I was typing quickly…yes, I know there’s an apostrophe there, thanks!
This is what I did on Saturday and I melted into about eighteen puddles. sooo cuteeee
- Him: You should all take fish oil. It makes people smarter.
- Him: YOU PEOPLE NEED ALL OF IT YOU CAN GET.
- Him: Just jump in the ocean and swim around with your mouth open.
- Him: Like, *mouth open* WAHH AHH LAA BAA
- Him: Just sit there with your mouth open all day eating fish oil, even if a shark comes.
- Him: And if the shark tries to bite you, don't let it. Just bite him back!